Thursday, January 16, 2014

Divine Mentor- The Lord Is With Us by Deena Serafin

Divine Mentor Reading: Genesis 39-41; Luke 16

This morning, after writing in my journal, I opened this blog to share what I had written and found that my dear friend, Margaret, had already written a beautiful and very personal account of God at work in her life through tough circumstances. At first I thought I would not share what I had already written, but then I felt the Holy Spirit's reminder that we are here to encourage and lift each other up just as often as we can. Thank you, Margaret, for sharing your heart. The following is exactly what I wrote before I read Margaret's words:

Scripture: Gen. 39:21. "But while Joseph was there in the prison, the Lord was with Him."

Observation: Joseph- thrown in a pit by his jealous brothers who then sold him as a slave, dragged off to a country where no one knew God, falsely accused of rape and thrown into a dungeon, forgotten by a baker he had helped-- all before  he was 30!  Not once did God ever leave him (39:2, 21, 23).

Application: God uses the circumstances of our lives when we trust Him- and even when we don't ! Nothing happens in our lives without His permission. He didn't cause the unfair, undeserved events of Joseph's life, but He did use them. He does the same for us. He never leaves us alone in our circumstances, in fact, often this is when He reveals Himself the most and we grow closer to Him.

Prayer: My Father, I pray today for fellow believers who are experiencing pain and suffering, both physical and emotional.  Reveal Your presence to each of them, faithful Father, in a mighty way. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Deena. I love how God was showing us both some of the same things today. Thank you for posting and sharing your heart. I am always blessed when I read your blogs.

    ReplyDelete