Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Divine Mentor: Good Ground By: Ziahlita Peterson

Today’s Reading
Genesis 20-22
Luke 8

My Scripture is Luke 8:13-15 (HCSB) – this is Jesus explaining the parable of the sower in Luke 8:5-8

Scripture: Luke 8:133-15

“And the seed on the rock are those who, when they hear, welcome the word with joy.  Having no root, these believe for a while and depart in a time of testing. As for the seed that fell among thorns, these are the ones who, when they have heard, go on their way and are choked with worries, riches, and pleasures of life, and produce no mature fruit. But the seed in the good ground – these are the ones who, having heard the word with an honest and good heart, hold on to it and by enduring, bear fruit.”

This scripture spoke me in the form of confirmation.  For many years I have opened the door to my home and have allowed individuals to live with me until they can move on.  Some of those have been young mothers.  Because I am a teen mother myself I have a special place in my heart to want to help them understand the responsibility and role they place in the life of that adult they are raising.  I have never believed we are raising children because we are not meant to remain children.  I have been struggling for the past three months with someone that has caused me to question where I am in my spiritual maturity.  I have found myself giving away my joy, time, and in my opinion my light with nothing bearing fruit. 
This scripture has made me realize that I began my journey as the rock, thorns and now I want to really believe I am now good ground.  I feel as if I am being challenged to once again bear fruit from this experience.  With me being good fruit I must remember I have to be obedient and then know when to get out of God’s way.  I believe today is that day.  I must share what I know then finally remove myself from the situation and let Him do what He does best – be God.

Lord, I pray that you continue to show me what it is that you want me to do.  Please give me the strength to not allow my flesh to want to fix everything but allow you to do your will. In Jesus’ name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment