Friday, January 17, 2014

The Divine Mentor: HEALING: by Laila Wahba, PhD


Luke 12:19
"Stand up and go, your faith has healed you."

This leper who was a Samaritan came back to thank Jesus for his healing. Jesus responds with what seems like an oxymoron: your faith has healed you. Wasn't he already healed? Weren't all of the lepers healed? But here Jesus is speaking if a deeper kind of healing, the healing of the soul. 

So many of us, and me particularly, would ask God for physical healing for a loved one, or for myself. We ask for the solution of a financial problem, or a marital problem. We ask for jobs or visas or whatever. And God, in his mercy grants us what we asked for. But there is more that we can get. Some things that we really need much more than what we asked for. But God is waiting to see, will we go back and claim He was the source of answered prayer? Will we go back for what God has in store for us? Deep healing, deep salvation, deep release from shame, guilt and sin? Will we come back and thank him, or will we be like the other nine, happy with what little we got, never going back for more?

I always wonder, how many blessings I have missed by not going back to God to get more. Yes, I am greedy where it comes to God. I want all from Him.

Lord, today I want you, the lover if my soul. I want you to be the one and Only. I want to know you and make you known. I love you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment