Sunday, January 12, 2014

Divine Mentor - Do Not Worry - January 12, 2014 by Teresa Houle

Scripture that spoke to me today: Luke 12:22-23,25-26

22 The Jesus said to His disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"

I've always been a worrier (I think it's a learned behavior from my dad and his mom), but I now realize that when I worry, it's a reflection of my lack of faith in God.  While I know in my head that God will provide for me (and my family) and that He's in control of everything, I still can't seem to shake my fears and insecurities. As I currently struggle with worrying about finances as well as my body image with being undesirable to my husband, this scripture reminds me that God's still in control and He's going to provide and worrying about it isn't going to help anything.

In an effort to apply this scripture to my life, I've written out my tithe check for the last 2 paychecks that I neglected to in fear that I wouldn't be able to pay the bills; I'm trusting that God is in control and he will provide a way.  As for the worrying about my body image and being desirable to my husband, I'm going to strive to focus on my relationship with God since His validation of what I look like on the inside is all that should matter.

Dear Lord,
I pray that you would take away my spirit of fear because I know that your word says, it is NOT from you. I'm asking you to meet with me each morning when I open Your Word and read, that you would speak to me in a way that is clear to me in what you have to say to me each day.  I pray for provision for me/my family. Give me strength to trust that you are in control and help me to find my validation in your ways and NOT the ways of this world.  Thank you for choosing me and allowing me to have a relationship with you.
In Jesus Name I Pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment