Friday, January 10, 2014

The Divine Mentor: ONLY ONE THING IS NECESSARY!! by: Debbie McGrath

Luke 10:41-42 
"Martha Martha, the Lord answered, "You are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed, Mary has chosen what is better and it will not be taken away from her."

We have all heard this verse before - Martha was distracted by her daily activities but Mary chose to be in God's Word. I can relate to both women - there are days when I get caught up in myself and do not spend time in the Word.  But when I spend time with my Savior in the  mornings my life is changed!!

When I spend time in God's Word - this is what happens!!

1.  I turn my focus from me to God.
2.  I am filled with peace and joy.
3.  I see more clearly.
4.  I am reminded just how much God really loves me.
5.  I am encouraged!
6.  I am reminded to love others more than myself.
7.  I am transformed!
8.  He talks to me thru His Word.
9.  I am reminded that I have nothing to not fear because God is always with me.
10.I am reminded of my greatest purpose: to share the gospel and make disciples.

This list could go on and on.  
When I read God's word, then meditate on the scriptures and journal my thoughts - I am so blessed!!
Spend time in the Word today - you will not be the same when you are done!



No comments:

Post a Comment