Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Divine Mentor: The Vindicator: by Hilary Litzinger


Today's verse:
Psalm 7:1
"Lord my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me.."
Observation:
David speaks this Psalm in a spiritual warfare prayer. I don't know the historical background at this time of history, but from what I do understand, David is asking God to get rid of his enemies.
Application:
Just yesterday I had a situation come up that hurt me. I had a former friend of mine say some cruel things to me. She had asked me a couple of weeks ago to get together with the kids but, because I am trying to separate myself from certain people that she is frequently around, I didn't respond. It wasn't meant to be against her personally so I apologized and tried to make it clear to her that my intentions were not to be rude towards her. Of course I got a bunch of negative feedback from her so I left it alone. In situations like these I can tend to let anger and anxiety take control, but this time was different. I spoke with family members to get it off my chest and for advice and I was reassured that it was okay. I did not have to explain myself to someone who is apparently just trying to make confrontation. Some time after, I went to school. I got a new cd of worship songs so I began to listen and sing along. The relief I felt was eye-opening and peaceful! I believe Jesus already delivered me from this because I took refuge in Him and sang praises of Him being my vindicator from all situations He puts forth. One thing I have learned is that I don't always have to have a comeback when someone is throwing negative and hurtful words at me. I know that Christ will not allow things to happen that I cannot handle through Him. I am learning more each day on how to LET GO and LET GOD. Give it to Christ, pray, and give praises and He will do what it may be in my favor!
Prayer:
Heavenly Father, Thank You for all that you put in front of me so that I may learn and continue to put you in all parts of my life. Then all parts of me will be you. Thank you for your Word and Grace. In Jesus Name, AMEN!

Hilary Litzinger

No comments:

Post a Comment