Sunday, January 12, 2014

Divine Mentor: Blessings Come In All Things By: Ziahlita Peterson

Today’s Reading
Genesis 29-30
Luke 12

My Scripture is Luke 12:48 (HCSB)

 “…Much will be required of everyone who has been given much. And even more will be expected of the one who has been entrusted with more.”

The first sentence of this part of the verse is telling me that we all will be held accountable according to what we have done with our blessings.  At first I used to think blessings were only the good things that happen to me in life like my children, that job I wanted, my car being reliable, never being homeless and finding someone to love me.  I have now realized that my blessings were also losing my grandmother at the age of five, becoming a teen mom, the men that broke my heart, when my children hurt me, when I lost my job, when I lost my car, etc..  When I look back at my life I have been blessed through everything that I have experienced.  The second sentence is telling me the responsibility that I have in how I use my blessings.  I have always believed that had I not become a teen mom I would have chosen not to have children, so being a mother was definitely God’s plan.  Though I had a foundation in God all of my life thanks to my Nanny, I didn’t have the education of the word that I am learning now.  Because of the negative blessings I received right after my second child I chose to raise my children to be the best adults they could be.  That passion God placed in my heart has burned ever since.  I have assisted in raising many children and their children.  As a mother I take my role serious and I know it is my responsibility to share the importance of being a mother with the younger women today.  As mothers God has entrusted us with so much – He has given us the opportunity to raise His children.  We all talk about how Mary must have felt knowing she raised the Son of God when we don’t realize he has entrusted us with a duty just as important.  I really wish more mothers took their roles more seriously.  Instead, we have young mothers using their babies to control the father, using them as a way to receive sympathy/pity, using them to collect a check (from the government or fathers), using them to replace the love they felt was missing in their lives, using them as a replacement for a mate, and just using them for anything they want to.  As a mother I have to say the reason this generation has no respect of life is because they weren’t taught to and it is our fault as mothers.  So the time of accountability has started and just as in the days of the Bible we can change the world one home at a time.  We all we have to account for what we have been given and what He has entrusted us with.

Prayer:

Lord, I pray that I have done what you require of me as a mother.  I pray that I have given a voice to the voiceless through what you have taught me about being a mother.  I ask that you help me work through my doubts of when to step back and when to fight for your children.  Thank you for allowing me to be entrusted with your children.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment