Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Divine Mentor: Sin is always near by: Ziahlita Peterson

Today’s Reading (Jan 2, 2014)
Genesis 3-5
Luke 2

My Scripture(s): Genesis 4:7

Scripture: Genesis 4:7 (ESV)
“… sin is crouching at the door.  Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it.”

Objective:
What I got from this verse is that God wants us to understand that sin will always be there trying to pull us in because that is what sin does.  It can only be stopped by us.  So many people think that it is God’s job to protect us from everything and that if we are believers we are somehow “safe” from the real world.  God gives us the knowledge and power to keep sin out of our lives.  If we don’t use what He has given us we will lose the battle.

Application:
I will work hard to remember that I have the power of the blood of Jesus Christ in me and with that I can rule over anything that wants to take me into the dark world of sin.  By being in the word daily and listening to the voice of God in my heart I will become pleasing to God. 

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for giving me free will to make my own decisions and thank you for giving me the knowledge to understand with that I have to be the one to stop sin from taking my life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment