Friday, January 17, 2014

The Divine Mentor: The Power of Words by Hilary Litzinger


Today's Verse:
"He replied, 'If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you say to this mulberry tree, "Be uprooted and planted in the sea," and it will obey you.' "

Observation:
Jesus is speaking to his disciples about having faith and they request to have more faith. He simply tells them that even the littlest faith can completely rid of something in your way if you SPEAK unto it!

Application:
The power in our words are so majorly effective to a situation Whether they are positive or negative, words have powerful meanings in them. That's why it is so important to watch what we say to others and ourselves.Even if we may think something negative, SPEAK positive words, rebuke it out loudly, and you'll begin to see the light of it all. When talking to others it may not always be the right thing but it will affect the way they're thinking and the events that follow. Now that we have the power of Christ's blood within us we can speak the bloodline in troubling times and it will be done because of the covenant He made for us. Dead things are no good to us, but praise God, JESUS IS ALIVE AND WELL, keeping his covenant to love and protect us. He us here with us in battle! Speaking is believing! Do not keep it inside, revealing is healing. No matter how weak and tired I may feel sometimes, if I just speak out loud God's truth, it takes place of my weakness and revives my mind unto the way I should be thinking. Last night coming home from school I just couldn't keep my eyes open, and I made myself a headache with the thoughts of homework and not getting enough sleep Of course the worship music saved me from going down the path of mind destruction! I heard a wonderful song that spoke of his revival that begins with his words. SO TRUE! I was bale to come home with a renewed mind. I got to get some last minute things picked up around the house and several homework assignments completed. The best part is I wasn't up as late as I was expecting. It is so amazing what positive words can do to a negative thought. I wasn't even sure if i was going to be able to do it at first but I did. I completely believe it was because I spoke of getting it done and that only Christ was going to help me. It literally feels like it was "uprooted" from my mind and "planted" in the sea that washed it away. God covered it with Christ's blood and cleansed it with the River of Life!

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, I stand here is awe of your covenant with me. The ultimate promise to be there when I need you! Thank you, Jesus for the life you have given me to overcome worldly circumstances and find revival in you. In Jesus' powerful and Holy name I pray, Amen!
Hilary Litzinger

No comments:

Post a Comment