Saturday, July 20, 2013

Divine Mentor - Chosen

Today's Scripture Reading:
2 Chronicles 29-31, James 4

The readings today from God's Word were awesome!!
So encouraging to read about a revival among the Israelites.

Scripture that spoke to me:
2 Chronicles 29:11 - ...the Lord has chosen you to stand in His presence, to serve Him, and to be His ministers and burners of incense.

Hezekiah, only 25 years old, has become King and his number one agenda:
to bring the people back to Yahweh.  He asked the Priest and the Levites to cleanse the Lord's temple.  After they did this, there was a great revival among the Israelites. Even though some of the Israelites mocked the Priest, many Israelites humbled themselves and came to Jerusalem to worship the Lord.

I am amazed at Hezekiah's vision at such a young age. His first agenda could of been to build himself a new palace or to strengthen his military.  It is so obvious his mind was not on earthly things that fade away but on the Lord.
After I read the three chapters in 2 Chronicles, I ask myself - is my focus on the eternal?  I read the scripture and I know I have been chosen by the Lord to stand in His presence and to serve Him for such a time as now. I believe God has given me the desire and the responsibility to encourage and lead others to develop a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. How do you have a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ? One way - spending time in the Word of God daily.

Lord, please help us to stay focused on the eternal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment