Monday, July 22, 2013

Divine Mentor - God Speaks to Me - Debbie Higginbotham


Today's reading: Isaiah 36,37; Psalm 76; 1 Peter 1

Scripture that spoke to me:

S. 1Peter 1:8  Unseen Belief
Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory.

Observation. It is true that we have not seen Christ. Non believers of Christ find it hard to believe in the existence of things unseen. (In Hebrews 11:1 it tells us faith is the assurance of things hoped for the conviction of things unseen.) Some believers struggle with the concept of unseen belief. It is difficult to believe in a God we can't visually see, touch or have speak to us in an audible voice. This is where true faith takes over to give you the ability to love and believe in a God you can't see.

Application.When I began my journey with Christ, I struggled with understanding how other people could say they heard him speak to them, but yet I didn't. I thought how could that be, because I had prayed and asked God to speak to me, but I couldn't hear him. I never lost faith in him or love for him, but I struggled. As I continued praying and staying in the word, God began working in and through me, and I made the connection between head and heart. The clutter cleared itself from my head and my heart was ready to receive. God began speaking to me and leading me in the direction he needed me to go.

Prayer. Father, I pray that the clutter that manifests itself in my life will never separate me from you and listening for your voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment