Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Divine Mentor- God's Word Never Changes

Today's Reading: Isaiah 40-42; I Peter 3

Scripture: Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers and the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever."

Observation: Why do we need to know God's word? Because it is true and is the only thing that never changes. Everything in our lives is constantly changing, but God's Word is constant. Every promise of God is certain, regardless of the changing circumstances in our lives; however, I will only know those promises if I read them.

Application: OK, so I believe this verse. How will I be different today because of it? Just like every other day, I am making my plans for the day. Even while reading the Word, my mind wanders to the weather forecast and my calendar. I expect to accomplish specific tasks and connect with certain people. The truth is, this is also what I did on September 11, 2001. It's also what I did on January 9, 2003, the day Joe died. I learned both times what I had always known- the grass withers, the flower fades, nothing on earth is certain, people fail us, people die, but the Word of our God stands forever. That's why I need to know it.

Prayer: God, You are the only stability in my life. I can depend on Your love and Your Word through every circumstance in my life. Help me remember that You are the same yesterday, today, and forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment