Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Divine Mentor - Wailing for the Lost - Debbie McGrath


Verses to read for today:
Michah 1-4, Hebrews 6

This morning as I was reading the scriptures I really had a hard time picking a verse.  First, I did not understand everything I was reading. As I was reading. I continually asked God to show me a verse that would apply to my life.

Micah 1:8 - kept coming back to my mind.
Because of this, I will howl and wail;
this is why I will go barefoot and naked,
Why I will scream like the jackals 
and screech like he ostriches
 as if in mourning.

Micah, a prophet like Amos, enjoyed living in the country.  God called Micah to the city to bring the Word of the Lord.  The people of Israel and Judah have turned their backs on God.  They have corrupted their religious practices.  The Israelites allowed surrounding pagan nations to influence their faith.  As a result, they worshiped false gods - they took the place of God Almighty.
Amos was so burdened by their lack of commitment to God he wailed in grief for the Israelites.

This verse really convicts me!!! I truly live in a bubble with my Christian friends.  God pointed out to me this morning that I don't grieve over the lost like Micah did.  I am ashamed.  I have family members who don't know the Lord - I have never grieved or cried out to the Lord on their behalf.  If I don't reach out to them - who will?  It is so easy to teach Christian Women the word each week but it is another story to reach out to the lost.  It takes courage and faith to speak the Word of God to the lost.

Lord give me the passion Micah had for the Lost.
Change my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, I struggled as well this morning and read the verses twice. I appreciate your insight on what Micah was feeling. I agree with you we do tend to live in a bubble of Christianity. I actually embrace the circle of Christians that I am a part of and welcome the new believers that God places in my life on a regular basis. I pray that God will put it in my heart as well to feel for the lost. Thank you so much for sharing and opening my eyes.

    ReplyDelete