Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Divine Mentor - To be Like Mary - Laila Wahba


To be like Mary - 

These past few months, the subject of Mary and Martha has been coming up so many times. It seems that everywhere  I go the subject is brought up. At Bible Babes, every Sunday it is brought up; and even though I did not attend the women’s conference.. the conference came to me and we heard about the same subject in Bible babes for three consecutive weeks. Then I started reading the Divine Mentor.. and guess what? Yes, the subject comes up again and again. 

I didn't think anything of it until this morning (you can see how bright I am when God needs to talk to me..uhh thank God He does not give up on me) , the Lord said: Laila you sit physically with me every morning, but you are flustering in your spirit. When I tell you to be like Mary, I do not mean that you just sit, but that you rest: rest… rest. Your mind is working at 100 miles an hour even when you sleep. I want you to rest. You worry about details, and events, and dates, I want you to rest. You worry about revolutions, safety and finances. I want you to rest. You worry about the future of your kids: I want you to rest. shshshshshshshshsh. Rest.

Hearing those words made me realize that  resting is so difficult (is this an oxymoron!!!!!!!!!!!). It is easier said than done.
Help me Jesus to rest in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment