Thursday, July 11, 2013

In His Image

July 10, 2013
Micah 5-7; Hebrews 7

My Scripture:
Micah 7:18
…He does not hold on to His anger forever, because He delights in faithful love.

Objective:
Through the centuries mankind has angered and disappointed God, but because He longs for our love/hearts and He is love forgiveness always follows.  This is a great example of God making us in His own image.  Most people want to focus on the visual likeness of us being in His image.  I believe it is our hearts that are made in His own image.  As a parent I can honestly say that at least a few times my children have made me so angry I wouldn’t recognize myself, but I still love them with all my heart and could never stay mad at them.  I love loving my children and I am very happy when they act like they have sense; so I understand how God feels about us.  I also find it hard to harbor bad feelings towards other that have wronged me and I am sure that is nothing but God.

Application:
I will continue to strive to be more God-like. To delight in faithful love is to delight in Him.  I want to continue to surround myself with His love.

Prayer:

Lord, please continue to give me the perfect example of who you want me to be. It is through your Word I pray to be transformed.  In Jesus’ name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment