Monday, July 29, 2013

Divine Mentor - Patience like God - Debbie Higginbotham


This is what spoke to me this morning from the Bible reading.

Scripture: 2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slow to to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Observation. If only we had a small amount of the patience our Father has, how wonderful that would be. When you think about sin today and how it is out of control in this world you have to wonder how can our God have patience with any of us. We are all of a sinful nature. His love for His children is so great that He does not want any of us, no matter what sins we have committed, to perish. That is why He is slow to anger and has amazing patience, so that one day we wake up and see Him for who He truly is. He is patiently waiting for us.

Application. Everyday, I thank my Father for His patience with me. I turned away from Him a long time ago for many years. He had amazing patience with me. He sent many trials my way to get my attention. As stubborn as I was, His patience was greater. It took several years of trials in my life, but He got my attention. Today, I never fail to thank Him for loving and being patient with me. Because He felt I was worth it and was patient, I came back to Him with open arms and a changed person. He does this for all His children.

Prayer. Father, you amaze me everyday with your unfailing love and patience. I don't have the degree of patience with people that you do, so I pray that as you have been patient with me I will also be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment