Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Divine Mentor - Do Not Fear - Teresa H.

Today's Reading: Isaiah 40-42; I Peter 3

Scripture that spoke to me:


Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
 I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

As I struggle with the fear of our financial insecurities as well as the strain that our situation has put on our marriage, God reminded me this morning in reading Isaiah 41:10 that there is no reason for me to worry - He's got it all taken care of and that I just need to hold on to Him and He will give me the strength to get through this extremely difficult time in our lives.

Prayer:
Dear God,
Please grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things that I can, 
and the wisdom to know the difference,
living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time,
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
taking as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it, trusting that you will make all things right
if I surrender to your will, so that I may be reasonably happy in this life, 
and supremely happy with you forever in the next.
In Jesus Name I Pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment