Saturday, July 13, 2013

Divine Mentor - Restored Marriage - Part 2 - Teresa H.


Scripture reading: Isaiah 15-18, Hebrews 10
Scripture that spoke to me:
Hebrews 10:35-39 

35) So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. 36) You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised. 37) For in just a very little while, "He who is coming will come and will not delay. 38) But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him." 39) But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

Observation: stand firm in your faith and do not waiver

Application: Through this whole child support case of my husband's with the mother of his other 2 children, my emotions have been on a roller coaster.  I've gone from being so angry from the affair, its effects, and with all involved to trusting that God is in control and working all things out for my good. As of right now, I'm choosing to stand firm in my confidence of the power of my God! My husband and I have sought God's will in reconciling our marriage and He will bless us for this. Evil will NOT prevail! I've proclaimed my faith to our attorney and although he might think that I'm crazy, God is going to use him in a mighty way. Our attorney has encouraged us to settle outside of court; however, my thought is why make a deal with the devil and deny God the opportunity to work a miracle in the courtroom?!  I've always been a negative person who prepared for the worst so that I would be pleasantly surprised with a better outcome; NOT THIS TIME! I'm choosing to have faith and believe in the best outcome because with God, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!  I've asked God to speak to me and He is. I'm praying with my husband and trying to be a witness (for Jesus) to our attorney as well as those around me. I'm determined that this hardship is going to strengthen my marriage, my walk with Christ, and be a witness to others. What satan meant for evil, God is using for good!  

Prayer:  Lord, thank you for your love and for sending your son to die on a cross for my sins so that I can be made perfect in your sight.  Help me to keep standing firm in my faith in you so that I can be a witness to others of your power and love.  Please allow me to go into the courtroom hand-in-hand with my husband as a supportive wife with confidence in You and not as a scorned and angry woman. I rebuke any control that satan may have on my mind. Please prepare the heart of the judge that will rule on my husband's case this coming week.  Allow him to have grace and compassion on my husband and see him as a man who loves you and his family. Please also speak to our attorney and give him the knowledge and ability to defend and represent my husband  as the loving father that he is who just wants what's best for his kids.  We invite and welcome your presence into the courtroom and may the outcome of this case be made known without a doubt that your presence was there.  Thank you Lord in advance for the miracle that you are about to perform.

It's in Jesus' Name that I pray all of these things,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment