Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Salvation - My Responsibility

Thursday July 11, 2013
Isaiah 8-10; Hebrews 8

My Scripture:
Isaiah 9:16
The leaders of the people mislead them, and those they mislead are swallowed up.

Objective:
Isaiah is warning the leaders and the followers.  We are to follow God’s Word and His Word only.  God makes it clear how important His Word is. We are truly loved that he chose individuals to write it down so that we may have it now.  One example is in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 – All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. This is also why the “teachers” of the Word need to take their role seriously as well because what they are teaching should give people what they need to better understand God’s Word.  Because “teachers” are responsible for teaching, as students we are responsible for learning.  This is why God tells us to be in His Word daily because our salvation is our responsibility.  In 1 Peter 2:2 it says, Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation… 

Application:
As a follower of Christ I must stay in the Word and accept that it is my responsibility. I cannot allow my salvation to fall into the hands of someone other than myself.  I want to long for the pure spiritual milk as if my like depended on it, because my eternal life does.  I want to not just know what I am supposed to do, I want to do it!! In Joshua 1:8 God told Joshua, “This book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” I know he meant the same for all us so that we may have eternal life.  I want to be such an example of God that everything that comes out of my mouth and in all of actions those I come in contact with directly or indirectly will see nothing but God.  It is also my responsibility as a follower to not forget it is not for me to try to give others what “I think” they need but to introduce them to Christ so that He can do His work with them.  I will make sure I stay in my lane.

Prayer:

Lord, please continue to move me closer to you.  Please use me so that when others hear or see me they don’t see me, that they only see you.  I want to crave your Word daily. Please make me more like you. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment