Friday, July 19, 2013

Divine Mentor - Transform the Tongue - Debbie McGrath

Readings for Today:
2 Kings 17, 2 Chronicles 28, Psalm 46, James 3

The verse that really spoke to me: 
James 3:8 ...but no man can tame the tongue.

As the Scriptures say - the tongue is powerful.  With the tongue, we can praise our Heavenly Father and/or we can curse men who are made in God's likeness.

Too many times, I have said things that I wish I could take back.  
As soon as I say something that is not good for the moment, the Holy Spirit has a way of convicting my heart.  I am grateful for James who reminds us how much power is in the tongue.  The only way to transform our tongue is to saturate our mind in God's Word.  Romans 12:2 - tells us to be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is good, pleasing and perfect will of God.  When my brain is washed with the truth, my speech reveals I have been with God.  My tongue was created for Praise!



No comments:

Post a Comment