Sunday, July 7, 2013

Divine Mentor- He is Faithfulness

July 7, 2013
Hosea 10-12; Psalm 73; Hebrews 4
Scripture: Psalm 73: 25. " Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none on earth that I desire but you."

Observation: God is not simply faithful- He is faithfulness. In all three readings today, the total, absolute faithfulness of God overwhelms me, but this verse in Psalm 73 reminds me that not only IS God totally dependable and true to His Word, but He is the ONLY one who is.

Application: This week I am at the beach with my family. I am reminded that, even though I am blessed by an incredible earthly family- parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, My Heavenly Father is the only One who truly knows me, loves me, and is faithful to me. Every time I take my eyes off Him and put another before Him, I will be disappointed. I am so excited to be with my oldest child and her family, especially since they live 3000 miles from me. I want to be even more excited to be with God alone every morning and all throughout the day.

Prayer: My Father, You have blessed me here on earth beyond measure. Please help me today to focus on You, the giver, more than on Your gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment