Saturday, July 13, 2013

Divine Mentor - The Ultimate Sacrifice - Ziahlita Peterson


To Be Worthy

Isaiah 15-18
Hebrews 10

My Scripture:
Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are sanctified.

Objective:
God no longer wanted to deal with the offerings that were made daily to make up for man’s sins.  Just as He has mentioned and has shown us, He wants our love and having to do a daily reconciliation of sins and offerings doesn’t leave much time for relationship building.   Because He loves us so much, He decided to make the ultimate sacrifice by giving us the closest being to Him.  I believe that by God making the ultimate sacrifice He truly has the right (other than the fact He is God) to expect us to blindly submit to Him.  He sacrificed His son with the hope that we will abide by Him.  When we abide by Him we don’t have to hope or wish because His promises are real and true.  We must remember God did this for us ONLY if we believe that in Jesus and follow His Word.  

People tend to “over stretch” His promise and justify their life choices that He has forgiven everyone forever leaving out the part that we have to be sanctified.  I always thought being “sanctified” was those people that faked falling out in church, so I never wanted to be considered “sanctified.”  The definition of sanctified according to the American Heritage College Dictionary is “to set apart for sacred use.”  Now that I am beginning to understand I would love to be considered “sanctified.” 

Sometimes because we don’t understand His plan our flesh will try to make us doubt.  We cannot doubt His plan! When things happen that aren’t our plan we say it is Satan.  Well how we can say God knows all and does all without realizing and acknowledging the bad has to happen in order for us to know what good is.  I found that when I embrace the bad, His good overwhelms me.

Application:
This short verse has spoken volumes to me.  Though I thought I truly understood the sacrifice that Jesus made for me, it wasn’t until today that it resonated with me.  I will work harder to remember, I need to be worthy of His death that brings me life.

Prayer:
Lord, please continue to show me patience and bless me through my ignorance.  I want to be worthy of Jesus’ death.  Give me the strength and courage to say no when I know it’s wrong.  In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment